Five Real Estate Marketing Trends in 2017
(Content pulled from the article “Five Real Estate Marketing Trends Defining 2017” on Inman.com)
Inman recently did a little research on what savvy real estate professionals are doing in 2017 to rise above the market clutter – some of the information isn’t a surprise, while other insights might require a little practice to perfect the process.
- Live streaming and video marketing: This strategy might take a little practice and a few trial runs to get comfortable in front of the camera. But consider hosting a virtual open house, where you are the featured host showing prospective buyers through your listed property. Not ready for live streaming? Consider using Facebook and even Instagram to post a short teaser video highlighting a desirable feature of the home.
- Robust content: become the subject matter expert of the neighborhoods where your homes are listed…tell folks about the great BYOB farm-to-table cafes, walking trails, dry cleaner and more. The more you can demonstrate that you know your stuff, the more prospective buyers will pay attention.
- Target your audience – or personalization: Think about features of your listings that might appeal to certain demographic audiences – for example: millennials might be more interested in access to public transit, proximity to outdoor activities and energy-efficient features of the home. The more you know about your audience, the more they feel you are talking to them personally.
- Digital showings: More and more listings are featuring virtual tours of the property – 360-degree views of the rooms and outdoor space. It’s a great way for buyers to hone in on their ideal place and then follow up with their real estate professional to do a walk through. At this point, the prospective buyer is more interested and engaged.
- Social media advertising: Last week we discussed a new marketing tool offered by Facebook…the social media networks are all offering ways to “boost” your post to reach a broader audience for a relatively small investment, and you are able to define your audience by demographic features such as age, zip code, preferences, and lifestyle.
In addition to these suggestions above, the Inman article pointed out the value of drone footage as a way to showcase your listing and stand out from your competition. These days, a little promotion goes a long way – as does working with your referral sources. Teaming together with your mortgage professional can create a great dynamic when building your business.