The FTC has issued an article explaining that roughly half of the U.S. population is eligible for benefits under a settlement that the FTC and others reached with Equifax.
The article provides further information about how consumers can:
- Determine if they qualify for settlement benefits at ftc.gov/Equifax
- Learn about available benefits as part of the settlement;
- Start a claim for 10 years of free credit monitoring, and
- Get reimbursed for time and money spent dealing with the after-effects of the breach
- Consumers must file claims for eligible benefits by January 22, 2020.
Click here to read the full FTC article.